Club Info / Career Center / Top Ten Reasons to Work at East Bank Club
Take a look at just a few of the reasons East Bank Club is a great place to work:
- A Smile is Infectious. We believe first class service is not just something you can teach; a positive attitude goes along way toward a great member experience and employee environment.
- Personal Impact. Employees are the lifeblood of EBC, they are the ones who see when a process could be more efficient or a member’s experience could be made better. Suggestions are always welcome, and improvements are considered based on the suggestions of our staff.
- Global Community. We may be located in Chicago, but if you spend some time with our employees you will meet people from a variety of backgrounds. Employees come not only from Chicago, but also from countries around the world such as China, the Ivory Coast and Latvia, to name a few. As you can imagine, this makes for a group of diverse, interesting colleagues.
- Pamper Yourself. EBC employees enjoy substantial discounts at our Salon, Spa, Food Shop and Pro Shop. So getting dinner to take home, a haircut, or even a new outfit for Friday night is convenient and available at a reasonable price.
- We Love Our Employees, and we show it by rewarding excellence. Every month we choose several stand out employees as EBC’s Best, and each year we choose several Employees of the Year. Both distinctions are celebrated by the entire club and include monetary rewards.
- Healthy = Happy. Whether it is physical or financial health, EBC wants to give our employees every opportunity to succeed. We offer a wide range of benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance as well as a 401K plan, life insurance and club work out privileges.
- Work for an Industry Leader. EBC is known as the “gold standard” in the Health and Fitness industry. This means you will be working with the best resources in both equipment and colleagues. We are privileged to count athletes who have been nationally and internationally ranked, held All American status, and have competed in endurance events such as ultra-marathons among our staff.
- Balance. We love your passion for your career, but we also know that passion needs a chance to recharge through work/life balance.
- Live Well. Our employees enjoy free access to East Bank Club’s athletic areas. We encourage employees to try an exercise class, swim a few laps or even hit a couple of golf balls. Who said work can’t be a place you want to spend your free time? Everything you need to be fit and have fun is at your fingertips.
- Not Just a Job, but a Career. Our employees are a testament as to why EBC is a great place to work. Out of over 600 employees, approximately 50% have been with the company for more than five years and nearly 30% have been employed with us for over ten years.